Monday, May 5, 2008

Hug your loved ones.

You just can't tell when your time will be up, and it doesn't count if you just think they know you love them.

A friend of mine took her hubbie, two-year-old, and seven-year-old to a shindig with a bunch of work friends and their families on Friday night.

From what I hear, everyone was having a good time, hanging out, eating burgers, drinking some wine and beer.

Suddenly, a tree branch fell in the back yard.

With his two-year-old about a foot away, my friend's 36-year-old husband was struck down and killed by a freak tree branch.

Widowed with two young daughters, in a freak accident.

Go hug your loved ones... and, don't go under trees today.

On the flip side, my college is a great community. People are rallying, gathering casseroles, hiring a maid service, hiring lawn care, and organizing visits and travel. Some places really show what they are made of in a tragedy. I hope I never need it.

1 comment:

richgold said...

My condolences to you and your friend and her family. You all are in my prayers.