"Which means, of course, that none of them are really good. If there is a really good treatment, it becomes the treatment of choice".
Why aren't there dozens of books out there with the following titles?
- A dozen different tools to drive a nail into wood.
- Which way do you want to address your envelope?
- Different solutions to 2+2.
- Which way should you punctuate "I'm"?
- How you should sit in a chair.
So, when we see hundreds, thousands, or even more titles in a "How to" section - that indicates that there is not just one solution that works for everyone.
Which sections of self-help guides are full of titles?
- How to lose weight and stay in shape.
- How to be an effective teacher.
- How to be an effective learner.
- How to be the most effective and loving parent.
- How to have a happy and successful marriage.
Suffice it to say, we should all recognize that there is no such thing as one size fits all education, parenting, or marriage.